Get a share of the very high transactions made with UnionPay
The many Chinese tourists expect to be able to use their UnionPay.
Chinese tourists are known to use a large amount of money when
travelling and the average transaction with UnionPay cards is extremely high.
You can get a share of those high transactions by accepting UnionPay.
Teller is the only acquirer of UnionPay in the Northern countries.
UnionPay in numbers
- The 2nd largest card network by transaction volume worldwide
- Over 4.9 billion UnionPay Cards in circulation
- Over 32 trillion RMB (US$5.15 T) transaction volume a year
- Over 75% tourists purchase more than 3 times
- Most of the target products are between 2,000- 8,000 Euros, luxury products
like watches between 10,000 to 50,000 Euros in average
Facts about UnionPay
China UnionPay is the largest card company in China and today UnionPay is also issued in some European countries. The card is not chip enabled but has a six-digits PIN-code which your chip terminal can handle. UnionPay can not be accepted in e-commerce or mail- and telephone order. Cardholder must use PIN and it must be an online transaction.
Cookies are needed to get the website to work. They also help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience both for you and for others. Cookies on this site are primarily used for traffic measurement and optimization of page content.