Welcome to Netaxept API site
In this site, you will find the comprehensive online technical documentation of Netaxept – The online payment gateway offered by Nets to its merchant customers for accepting payments in web, mobile, in-app and call centre with various payment methods worldwide.
In Netaxept, we offer you
- Your preferred payment methods: Cards, direct banks, B2C/B2B invoices, wallets, gift cards and many more.
- Customised checkout page: PCI DSS certified Nets hosted payment windows customised to be part of your website or app for smooth checkout.
- Omni-channel experience: Payments across online and in-store channels to increase your sales and customers’ shopping experience.
- In-app payments: Native in-app interactions to accept payments in your app with preferred payment methods and tokenization possibility.
- Card-on-file services: Tokenization solutions for one-click and subscription payments.
- High capacity service: Secure, stable and scalable top-class performance handling large transaction volumes.
Get started easily by making the API integration covering just basic functions or using only our web-based Admin Portal to accept and process payments. Alternatively, you can implement a fully tailored solution to fit your business with customised payment windows, preferred payment methods and selected add-on services.
Steps to get started
Before starting to accept payments via Netaxept, there are a few things you should take into account regarding agreements required, integration and testing. Please familiarize yourself to the following steps to get more information.
Detailed description of each step
To be able to implement Netaxept into your business, you need to sign Netaxept agreement with Nets. Please contact Nets Sales for your country to find the right solution for your business needs. Once your Netaxept agreement has been processed, you will receive credentials for the use of Netaxept API and web-based Netaxept Admin. Read more about Netaxept Admin >
In order to accept the most common payment cards in your webshop or other online business, you need to sign a card acquiring agreement with your chosen acquirer. Netaxept supports the most commonly used acquirers in the Nordics. Card acquiring agreement needs to be in place before going live with your Netaxept implementation if you wish to accept card payments online.
If you wish to accept alternative payment methods, like direct bank payments or invoice, please contact the respective payment service provider(s) for signing the necessary agreements with them. Once these agreements have been processed, you will receive credentials for the use of the payment method(s) in question. Activate the payment method in Netaxept by adding the received credentials in Netaxept Admin's "Agreements" page. The merchant is responsible for activating other payment methods than cards and ensuring that all information entered is correct.
Ask your integrator or other third party performing a technical API integration for you to follow the instructions described in this site to ensure a fluent integration towards Netaxept. Alternatively, you can use the ready-made plugins / payment modules made by some of our partners for the most common webshop platforms. If you end up using a plugin, please make sure from the chosen partner that the plugin is up-to-date and compatible with your webshop environment and business needs. Nets is not responsible for maintaining or updating these plugins.
- Choose between our supported APIs to make the payment requests towards Netaxept. In Netaxept, we support REST and Web Services. For most merchants, we recommend using REST. If you are Call Centre merchant or using only Link payment functionality, a web-based Netaxept Admin is enough for you and no API integration is needed. To process payments through Netaxept, you need to follow a certain payment flow and send requests to Netaxept in certain order. Read more about the API >
- Choose between our PCI DSS compliant payment windows for web, mobile and in-app. Our payment windows can be highly customized to fit your company's look & feel and optimized for different platforms and devices. When the payment window is hosted by Netaxept, you don't need to process and store card data in your systems, and can thus minimize PCI DSS requirements for this part. Alternatively, you can make your integration to use your own hosted payment window. In that case, you need to implement your solution according to all PCI DSS requirements. For most merchants, we recommend using Netaxept hosted payment window. Read more about payment windows >
- Information on how to implement our supported payment methods and add-on services, check the walkthrough section for further guidelines. Read more about Payment methods > and Add-on services >
Before going live, test that your API implementation towards Netaxept works as intended. Our test environment is available 24/7 and we offer you the needed test credentials and test cards. Read more about testing > and response codes >
You can start using Netaxept in production after you have received production credentials from Nets. Before moving on to production, enter the production credentials and URL addresses to your API implementation. The test credentials will not work in the production environment.