Welcome to Netaxept API site
In this site, you will find a full technical documentation of Netaxept. The site is targeted to technical integrators acting on behalf of merchants as well as merchants implementing their own payment integrations towards Netaxept. Click the drop-down menu in the top header to access the full content.
Vipps (Norwegian mobile payment) will be unavailable in Netaxept during the below mentioned time periods due to the scheduled maintenance work in DNB. During the maintenance, paying with Vipps is not possible in the webshops and mobile apps.
- Tue 28.11, 02:00-05:00 CET
- Wed 29.11, 00:00-12:00 CET
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the maintenance breaks.
Steps to get started
Netaxept is a comprehensive online payment service provided by Nets. It enables merchants to offer their customers different ways to pay purchases easily and securely in webshops, mobile environment and call centre services. When using Netaxept, it is easy to pay with broad range of payment methods and currencies, and still meet high security requirements set for online paying.
Before making the integration towards Netaxept and start accepting payments, there are a few things you should take into account regarding agreements required, integration and testing. Please familiarize yourself to the following steps to get more information.
Detailed description of each step
To be able to implement Netaxept in your business, you need to sign Netaxept agreement with Nets. Please contact Nets Sales for your country to find the right solution for your business needs. Read more about Netaxept > Once your Netaxept agreement has been processed, you will receive credentials for the use of Netaxept API and web-based Netaxept Admin. Read more about Netaxept Admin >
In order to accept the most common payment cards in your webshop or other online business, you need to sign a card acquiring agreement with your chosen acquirer. Netaxept supports the most commonly used acquirers in the Nordics. You need to have a card acquiring agreement in place before going live with your Netaxept implementation if you wish to accept card payments online.
If you wish to accept other payment methods, like direct bank payments or invoice and instalments, please contact the respective payment service provider(s) for signing the necessary agreements with them. Once these agreements have been processed, you will receive credentials for the use of the payment method(s) in question. Activate the payment method by adding the received credentials in Netaxept Admin's "Agreements" page. The merchant is responsible for activating other payment methods than card payments and ensuring that all information entered is correct.
Ask your integrator or other third party performing a technical API integration for you to follow the instructions described in this site to ensure a fluent integration towards Netaxept. Alternatively, you can use the ready-made plugins / payment modules made by some of our partners for the most common webshop platforms. However, if you end up to use some plugin, always make sure from the chosen partner that the plugin is up-to-date and compatible with your webshop environment and business needs. Nets is not responsible for maintaining or updating these plugins. Read more about plugins >
- Choose between Netaxept or merchant hosted payment window: You can use either Netaxept or merchant hosted payment window in your implementation. For most merchants, we recommend using Netaxept hosted payment window that can be highly customized to fit your company's look & feel, and can be optimized for desktops, mobile and tablets. When using Netaxept hosted payment window, you don't need to process and store card data in your systems, and can thus minimize PCI DSS requirements for this part. On the contrary, when using merchant hosted payment window, you need to implement your solution according to all PCI DSS requirements. Read more about payment windows >
- Choose which API to use: Netaxept supports REST and Web Services. For most merchants, we recommend using REST interface. If you are a Call Centre merchant or using only Link payment functionality, a web-based Netaxept Admin is usually enough for you and no API integration is needed. Read more about different API options >
- Familiarize yourself to transaction flow and API calls: Click the drop-down menu in the left side header to find the right API calls for performing transactions through Netaxept. Also, familiarize yourself to the steps described in the "Flow Outline" section to find out in which order you should perform these calls. Read more about API calls > and Flow outline >
- Check the walkthrough section for more information about payment methods and additional services: Besides card payments, Netaxept offers several other payment methods as well, like direct banks, invoice & instalments, wallet based payment methods and gift cards. With Netaxept you can also implement subsequent transactions in your online business. Subsequent transactions can be initiated either by the customer (that is, Easy payment) or by the merchant (that is, Recurring payments). Read more about Easy payment and Recurring payments > and Payment methods >
Before going live, test that your API implementation towards Netaxept works as intended. Netaxept test environment is available 24/7, and payments need to be made using test credentials and test cards. Read more about test cards > and response codes >
You can start using Netaxept in production after you have received production credentials from Nets. Before moving on to production, you need to enter the provided production credentials and URL addresses in your API implementation. The test credentials will not work in the production environment.